Beetroot Mousse

December 7, 2011 in Uncategorized
Last night I hosted another dinner for 14 Americans and as a couple of them were vegetarians I did not do my normal “fishy” sort of starter. I am currently reading loads of recipes on verrines from books a friend of mine lent me… Oh so many incredible variations are there and all are easy to make and delicious. What appeals to me particularly is that the quantities are small, basically just a taste and not any more these huge quantities of food from yesteryear…
Look at these awesome colours !!



Ingredients: (for about 10 smallish glasses/portions)
1 pkt Beetroot ( about 8 pieces)
1 tub Creme Fraiche
1 tub Cream Cheese
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt & pepper
Boil the beetroot the night before. Peel and cut into quarters. In liquidizer mix beetroot, creme fraiche and cream cheese to a smooth consistency.
Add lemon, salt and pepper… and that’s it !
Let is go very cold in the fridge and serve with celery sticks or whatever else you prefer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Christmas Cookies

Preserved Green Figs

Connor's Birthday Cake