Anglefish with Roasted Garlic & Ginger


Earlier on this month Francis Richter from www.diletto.co.za asked me if I would be interested to use one or two of his products that Diletto Online Deli sell. Have a look at their online Deli..
I chose the Oded’s Kitchen Roasted Garlic and Ginger paste which I used so successful tonight as you will see. The other product I chose was a bag of Amarettis (Italien bisquits) which I will use over the weekend to make a dessert.

Diletto delivered the goodies to my house yesterday, so tonight I got cooking J


After having been spoilt with fish from living for 26 years in Hout Bay, I had to make due with what I could find at the local Portuguese Fish monger and managed to get some fresh filleted Angelfish today here in Stellenbosch and had a bunch of fresh spring veggies still in my fridge. 




The fish was marinated in a mix of Oded Garlic and Ginger paste   mixed with olive oil, lemon zest of 1 whole lemon plus juice and some Thyme from my garden. Fried in the marinade for about 10 minutes. I then made a very asic sauce by adding one tsp of the Oded paste to 3 tbsp of crème fraiche and a squeeze of lemon. The flavour was very subtle and added a gentle taste to the already delicious Angle fish/

The veggies were sliced leeks, baby asparagus and thinly sliced courgettes.
I first fried (in olive oil)the leeks a bit as they take longer (frying pan covered with lid) And after 5 minutes added courgettes and asparagus. Again covered with lid for another 10 minutes. I added no herbs or spices as the intermingling flavours of these wonderful young spring veggies should not be tempered with !

For the potatoes I tried something new. I sliced the potato ( with skin) very thin on a mandolin, and on a baking sheet I mixed 1 tablespoon of olive oil with some shakes of Ina Paarman’s potato spice mix. In the oven at 200 deg C and after 15 minutes I had the most devine crispy non fatty chips you could wish for. Obviously turn them over once in between..

And that’s it.. the whole meal took less than 30 minutes and I will most definitely buy some of that Oded’s Roasted Garlic and Ginger again and also try out their other mixes. ( I saw that they make loads of different flavours at the Stellies food market on Saturday and Diletto carry a bunch more as well).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Christmas Cookies

Preserved Green Figs

Flame Tarte / Tarte Flambe