Zucca



Zuccini - Zucca - Courgettes



It was such a glorious day yesterday that I took my Staffie and walked up the mountain behind my home. 


When I got back I had mail – not the virtual kind but good old snail mail from my dear sister in Brussels. She had promised me to send some very special Zucca seeds which is a strange looking Courgette from Italy and apparently tastes amazing. 


With this on my brain I made last night what is probably the fastest dinner (from taking stuff out of the fridge to having it on the table 15 minutes !) I have been doing Courgettes in this way for some time and as it is so different in flavour to the way one normally finds it, I am sharing this here. Don’t have a clue what I should call it, as it is my own invention.. but any suggestions would be appreciated JJJ ( photography not too great as done in a hurry but I’m sure you get the gist )


1 pkt Courgettes
Dash of olive oil
A few shakes of cumin powder
2 tbsp crème fraiche
Salt & pepper




1 pkt of small cut skinless chicken breasts
Chicken spice


Smallish potatoes


Julienne the courgettes on thin setting of Mandolin
Heat olive oil, chuck in the courgettes, sprinkle cumin, salt & pepper.
Fry for no longer than a minute or two. They must be not tooo mushy)
Add the crème fraiche. Mix well and take off the fire.

Very quickly fry the chicken pieces ( I do mine never longer than a minutes so they stay tender.

I cheated and just did them in the micro for 3 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Christmas Cookies

Preserved Green Figs

Flame Tarte / Tarte Flambe