Raw Beetroot & Carrot Salad

It was only in the last couple of months that I have started to use beetroot in my recipes. This deeply red vegetable had always been relegated to opening a jar of pickled beetroot, and then I only ever opened one of those jars because the man in my house loves this stuff. I just could never get my head around it.

However ...........  I then discovered roasted beetroot ( very yummy with creme fraiche and some balsamic glaze) and I was hooked !  so here in my pursuit of different ways of creating summer salads that are "skinny" is the Raw beetroot ! :)



How to:

Peel and grate about 4 beetroot
Grate 2 large carrots
Add 1 handful dried cranberries
Add 1 handful pine nuts
Add 1 handful sprouted chickpeas

Mix: 
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp tamarind paste
2 to 3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp soya sauce

That's all..  It is a wonderful fresh tasting salad that can be eaten right away and even tastes nice the following day. ( Perfect for lunch boxes to take to the office :))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Christmas Cookies

Preserved Green Figs

Connor's Birthday Cake