Rissoni & Spring Vegies

We just love  fresh new spring vegetables and recently only discovered Rissoni ( that's pasta that looks like rice) I must say that these wonderful little "corns" of pasta have me totally sold ! So yesterday with spring not playing ball and it really not being a day for a braai, I had to  instead of making  a spring vegie salad to go with the meat,  make something that was more comfort food for a cold and rainy day !

This is what I used :



Green beans (blanched)
thinly sliced courgettes
very young green asparagus
1 cup of baby peas

1/2 packet Rissoni pasta
about 3 Tbsp butter

Cook the pasta al dente, stirfry the vegies ( not too long please). Add the rissoni and butter and that's it !  just some salt and pepper.. and it tastes devine !





I guess this same mix could also be turned into a wonderful salad with a "gentle" vinaigrette/

Comments

  1. I was wondering where you had gone! Please tweet each time you do a new post if you don't post it on .24 as well. I love preserved lemons (caught up on your posts quickly) and have been meaning to make some more for ages now. Have a super day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tandy I have such bad cellphone reception where I live so "tweeting" I mostly do when not at home:)
    but will always also post on Food24 or let you know.. Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gaby
    Lovely post- sounds yummy! I have found this type of pasta in a whole grain too! Thank you for adding our site to your blog roll! It is much appreciated:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Julie! your blog really is inspiring to cook in a healthier way !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sad to only find this blog now. Has it been here for a while. Love your recipes. You do treat produce with great respect!!!
    In true Whoopi Goldberg fashion, I will sing: " I will follow you!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Nina.. only got this site up last week as I am also on food24 ..:) but really appreciate your comment !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just loove your blog - very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks so very much Pink !!! really appreciate it !:)xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Christmas Cookies

Preserved Green Figs

Flame Tarte / Tarte Flambe