Baked Ricotta & Salad

For some reason I have not really ever used Ricotta before. I came across this recipe of baked Ricotta and as its very low in fat, decided it would make the perfect lunch. As I do a lot of times.. I read a recipe and then do "my own thing" w r t flavours. Hence I am not giving exact measurements here..  just guidelines.



In a bowl  I crumbled the Ricotta and added the following:

2 tbsp chopped chives
1 tbsp Woolies Italien herb mix
1 tbsp tamarind paste
dash of olive oil
Salt & pepper

Slightly oil a ramekin and push the Ricotta mixture into it. Bake at 180 deg C for 25 minutes.
Arrange your favourite salad ingredients on a plate, carefully turn out the baked Ricotta ( ooops mine crumbled a bit) and lightly season salad and Ricotta with Olive oil and  good balsamic.

I really liked the taste of the Ricotta together with a salad and will definitely do it again. I guess one can even become more creative as to the herbs and spices one is using when mixing the Ricotta..  but for a first time - yes not bad at all !






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Christmas Cookies

Preserved Green Figs

Flame Tarte / Tarte Flambe