Salmon & Steamed Vegies

Its nearly been a week this going on hopefully the very last strict no cheat diet. It was easy, yes really easy. No hunger at all ( guess cause my brain is in the right place :) . They say that the first 4 weeks is the hardest of re-adjustments. Well ...  I am trying to make it as attractive as I possibly can by having lots of choices and different flavours and this seems to be the key to success.

Last night I a lot of different vegies, layed them out in my bamboo steamer ( also added some cucumber which is a "free" vegie and I absolutely adore as a cooked one especially sprinkled with some fresh Dill). Total weight of all these vegies in the pic below was 150 g. Then I seared 150 g of  salmon smeared with a bit of crushed ginger  and covered with roasted sesame seeds and lemon juice. Added a few preserved chilli and lemon pieces and chucked in for good measure some fresh peas ( just for colour). And you know what??????  It tased devine ! Steamed vegies in a bamboo basket keeps the flavour of each different veg separate and one does not even need loads of salt.

Now I just need to get through without a cheat to Monday when I have to get onto That ! scale :) and here I am  now off to the Stellenbosch  Food Market :) yep  sucker for punishment I guess..  but I have to get some of those seedlings which they sell there.

Have a great weekend all

xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Christmas Cookies

Preserved Green Figs

Connor's Birthday Cake