Cooking the right way !


All my life I considered myself as a reasonably good cook. Having been brought up with French and Swiss style of cooking, it obviously always included lots of the "good things" like cream, wine, butter etc etc.. you get the picture I am sure.
However I have finally come to the  conclusion that cooking in my old style does not lend itself to "growing old gracefully" if ones genes are not made that way...  and contrary to 20 years ago.. now the pounds just keep piling on, even with the smallest dicretion. Therefore I have decided  on the need to toe the line so to speak and after signing up today with SureSlim :) I will for the next 7 months ( this is how long it will take I am told to have a body I am supposed to have) cook and invent ways of preparing food that is still as tasty as before BUT without all the goodies I used before. 

I hope that with this way of preparing food on a day to day basis and blooging on it, it will maybe  inspire some people out there to join me on a much healthier eating journey and also coming up with healthy alternatives to the lekka food....:)

Tomorrow I have to go and have my blood tested so the guys at SureSlim can figure out just what sort of choice I will have when preparing meals...  quite scary....  but I guess with writing about it here, I can't really back out now  can I????  :):)

Here is also a pic of the amazing Japanese flowering cherry tree that is in bloom at the moment in my garden!  So amazing with 2 different colour blooms.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swiss Christmas Cookies

Preserved Green Figs

Flame Tarte / Tarte Flambe